Come. Sit. Read! It’s time to dig up some purr-fect new books at our Paws for Books Book Fair.
Book Fair Dates/Times:
M/W/F: 7:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
T/Th: 7:15 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
We’ll also be open during Multicultural Night, Weds., March 7!
New at this Book Fair!
- eWallets: A digital payment option. eWallets can be loaded starting: Feb. 19th-March 9th
- Online Shopping for Book Fair: Feb. 28th-March 9th
- Students and Staff: Help us create the “Dowell Paws Hall of Fame” at the Book Fair! Send in a picture of you with your pet (bonus points if you’re reading a book in the picture!) Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pick out some fun gifts for your family and friends at are Holiday Shop in the Media Center! We’ll be open Monday, December 4 through Friday, December 8 from 7:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We’ll also be open 9:00-11:00 a.m. Saturday, December 9th during the Breakfast with Santa.
Parents, please volunteer to help run the store! Click here to sign up.
On Saturday, December 9th, join us from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. for a breakfast with the Jolly Ol’ Elf himself! A Chick-fil-A breakfast of Chicken Minis or a Chicken biscuit, fruit, and a drink will be available for $8.00. We are not taking pre-orders, so breakfast is first-come, first-served! Photos with Santa are $2.00.
Please Note: Both the Holiday Shop and Breakfast with Santa are CASH ONLY.
Parents, our Holiday Shop is rapidly approaching! The Shop will be open for business December 4-9, and we’re looking for friendly elves who can volunteer a shift (or two or three!) in helping students find and purchase fun gifts for their family and friends. PLEASE CLICK HERE to view the Sign-up Genius and reserve your time slots. Thank you in advance for your help! Please let us know if you have any questions.
The Wild West Book Fair is riding into town and will be camped out in the Dowell Media Center, October 16-20! We will be open 7:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Monday/Wednesday/Friday, with extended hours till 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. Parents, we need volunteers to help work shifts! Please sign up here.
Dear Dowell Parents/Guardians,
Welcome to a new year of school and a new year of PTA. As you start the year, remember that our main focus is the children in our school and the children in our community.
If this is your first year at Dowell Elementary, we would like to extend a very warm welcome to each of you. If you are a “seasoned” Dowell family, I know that you are as excited as we are to be starting the school year up again.
As I embark on my year as your PTA President, I am looking forward to strengthening our working partnership with our Cobb County Schools, Administration, our amazing Teachers and our invaluable Staff to provide an excellent learning experience for our children.
I encourage each and every one of you to become a part of our team. The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit the children. In doing so, you also help us. But there are many more advantages:
- By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences and personal confidence. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use, for a good cause.
- By getting involved, you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive change.
- PTA functions provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers.
- The PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas; please attend the PTA meetings throughout the year to make suggestions and provide your input.
Every year, Dowell PTA spends a lot of money on the programs and events that enhance our children’s learning experience. As we continue from year to year, we like to add more to the programs, events, and other needs of our school. Yet in doing so, we need more funds to allow for these programs. Your membership goes a long way in helping us meet our goals. If you have any ideas or would like to help in any way, please contact us.
“Every child’s potential is a reality…”
Thank you and have a great year!!!
Dowell Elementary PTA President