PTA 3RD GENERAL MEETING
Wednesday, May 2nd / 2:45 PM
Dowell Elementary Media Center
Due to the cancellation of the Dowell Talent Show, our PTA 3rd General Meeting cannot take place on the night of May 2. After speaking with Principal Dinizio, the best way to ensure quorum in order to conduct business would be to hold the meeting during the Staff Meeting already scheduled that same day.
So please plan to attend this important 3rd General Meeting on Wednesday, May 2, at 2:45 pm. At this meeting we will elect a new Board for the 2018-19 school year. As we mentioned in the monthly newsletter sent out earlier this week, we are in great need of parents — Moms AND Dads, Grandparents, anyone with a vested interest in a child attending Dowell — to help be a part of the PTA.
Working Parents: You are a valuable resource as well, so don’t count yourselves out! Many of our current Board members have jobs, so we understand the importance of time management. There are many ways for you to get involved outside of typical school/office hours. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and learn more.
We have many activities and programs in place, and the more people that help, the less of a time constraint and workload it is on everyone. Here are just a few of the ways anyone can get involved:
- Serve as an Executive Board Member. (We especially need a Secretary for 2018-19!)
- Have a special interest or talent? Serve as a Committee Chair.
- Share a love of reading with our students during the Book Fair.
- Help our students select and purchase gifts during the Holiday Shop.
- Plan and coordinate special events, such as Breakfast with Santa, Winter Dance and Spring Carnival.
- Keep our website and social media channels up-to-date and relevant.
- Help coordinate the Reflections Art Contest which recognizes students for their creativity.